Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pippa, my inspiration

Recently, when obsessing over a completely unworthy guy, my friend Jamie asked me to step back and think about what Pippa Middleton would do. This question, spawned by the recent decision that we were both "Pippa's" rather than "Kate's," made me think a little harder about the Middleton sister with the twitter-clogging ass.





Some of Pippa's more inspiring accomplishments include:






  • Managing to outshine her princess sister at her own wedding without seeming ostentious in doing so



  • Laughing off topless photos of herself on the internet, but conscientiously apologizing to her sister for creating such uproar



  • Trying to ingratiate herself into Wills' circle upon her sister's entre, but seeming to show no resentment upon Kate's landing of the ultimate prize



  • Having a perptual stream of hot boyfriend to whom she never seems terribly attached



  • Walking the line between pretty and too-pretty, reaching an almost attainable level of hotness, complete with a kick-ass body that is evidence of her hard work (she runs with boys)



So, while trying to get over the obsession, I tried to imagine what Pippa would do. Pippa is currently dating a hot, classy guy, but Prince Harry (swoon) was reportedly checking her out at the wedding. Now, had this been me, I would have started trying to spend all my free time parading my beautiful bum in Harry's eye-line until he tried to hook up with me - before inevitably returning to his endearingly trashy long-term love, Chelsy Davy, leaving me heartbroken. Pippa, however, seemed to understand that, while sexy (and a prince), Harry is bad news, and her best strategy is to spend more time focusing on her life and her current beau.




What does this mean for me? Focus on my life! Spend more time with my friends and flirting casually with cute boys at bars! Recognize that I am awesome, classy, and frankly, out of the league of most people. Be sexy, self-assured, and go for a run to tone up those legs! Buy a dress that highlights by ass while I'm at it.




So, with Pippa Middleton in mind, I can remember that the boy may or may not come running, but who cares? There are more, many more, where he came from..




2 comments:

  1. haha! you are a great writer. that's now my new motto: what would pippa do?! love it.

    ReplyDelete